BRORA WATERPROOF DOG COAT
Materials and Care
- Polyester Microfibre outer with waterproof, windproof and breathable coating. The 2 layer fabric has a soft peached face making it quiet to wear.
- Polyester inner
As it is a lightweight fabric it is advisable that the coat is not worn in areas where it can catch or snag on branches or undergrowth as it may rip the lightweight technical fabric.
To prolong the life of your waterproof coat, wash it as little as possible as each time the coat is washed it shortens the life of the waterproof coating and seam tape.
It is preferable to lightly wipe off the dirt with a damp cloth, or fill a bucket with cold water and slosh the coat around to remove the dirt and then allow to air dry. Do not wring or squeeze your coat.
It is not recommended that waterproof clothing is washed with detergent, fabric conditioners or softeners as the chemicals can breakdown the composition of the fibres with each wash and strip the coat of its waterproofing coating. Instead a tech wash solution can be used (such as Nikwax Tech Wash), pure soap flakes, or wash on a water cycle only, ensuring that the machine is clean of all detergents first by running a rinse cycle first.
If you notice that the fabric of your coat is absorbing rather than repelling water, you may wish to reproof your coat.
Please note that the breed guide is a suggestion only and I would always recommend measuring your dog to ensure that the coat you purchase is a good fit.
* Please note that the length of the coat will be slightly longer than the length in the chart below as the coat is sloped at the back to provide cover for the rear of your dog. For example, the Intermediate coat is made to suit a dog with a back length of approx 54cm, but the length of the coat is 57cm.
If your dog has an upright tail please leave a note in the comments box at checkout and the coat will be made without the extra sloping, and will match the length in the chart below.
I also make custom size coats and the price of the coats are based on the length of the coat. There are separate product pages for custom sizes for each of the coat styles.
The Brora Waterproof dog coat has been designed to provide warmth and coverage to your dog's muscle areas, keeping your dog warm and dry in a stylish raincoat when out and about in wet or cold weather.
- Breathable waterproof fabric which is quiet to wear
- Front splashguard
- Shaped lower at the legs to provide greater coverage for the leg muscles
- Shaped at rear to follow contours of your dog
- Zipped harness hole and zipped hole in the collar for lead attachment *
- Reflective stripes
- Covered elasticated leg straps
- Hanging loop
* If you don't require either the zipped hole for the harness or lead please use the discount code NOHARNESS at checkout to receive a 10% discount and leave a note at checkout stating which one you dont require.
These waterproof coats are made from peached coated microfibre (the material feels like the skin of a peach). The coated microfibre is a lightweight technical sportswear fabric which is both waterproof and breathable and quiet to wear. As it is a lightweight fabric it is advisable that the coat is not worn in areas where it can catch or snag on branches or undergrowth as it may rip the lightweight technical fabric.
The coats have three reflective strips to aid visibility in the dark.
Choose from a lightweight airtex lining, or a warmer fleece lining. This raincoat is ideal if you are looking for a waterproof coat without any added warmth as it is lightweight if you choose the airtex lining. Should you require a waterproof coat with extra warmth than choose a fleece lining instead.
The coats slip over your dog's head they have an underbelly strap to keep the chest nice and dry, and fasten with a buckle and adjustable strap around the dog's middle.
All the raincoats now come with a zipped harness hole so that your dog can wear their harness under the jacket and a zipped opening in the collar for a lead attachment.
Should you intend on using a harness under the jacket, then please measure your dog when wearing it as this may affect the most suitable size of coat. Harnesses with handles on them are not suited to be work under the coat.
They have colour co-ordinated elastic leg straps which are sewn within the same peached fabric as the main body to ensure that the elastic doesn't catch on your dog's fur.